View Placement Réussite program grant options
On January 19, 2018, the Foundation of Greater Montréal (FGM) and Quebec’s Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MÉES) presented the conditions for the Placement Réussite program launched on January 8th of this year. The program aims to encourage registered charities (RC) that support school perseverance and educational success to diversify their sources of funding and their fundraising efforts. A total of $8 M has been earmarked for the 2017–2018 and 2018–2019 financial years, which will allow the Ministère to issue grants that match the net result of the charities’ fundraisers, up to $100,000. Eligible charities will need to create a philanthropic fund with the Foundation of Greater Montréal or the Fondation Québec Philanthrope to take part in the program.
An annual budget of $4 million has been earmarked for the 2017–2018 and 2018–2019 financial years.
1. Submit an eligibility application
If the charity is not yet recognized by the Ministre, it must submit an eligibility application by filling out the Demande d’admissibilité de l’organisme au programme Placement Réussite form.
2. Contact one of the two partner community
The charity will receive guidance and advice on completing the process.
3. Hold a fundraiser in the private sector
Funds raised starting on April 1, 2016, will be eligible for matching financial aid.
To take an appointment contact Linda Tchombé – firstname.lastname@example.org, 514-866-0808 poste 104.
4. Create a philanthropic fund in the chosen partner community foundation and deposit the funds raised
in order to apply for matching financial aid.
5. Submit an application for financial aid, along with the list of donations and contributions, to the Ministère
The application for financial aid and the list of donations and contributions must be addressed to the Ministère using the forms supplied. The forms can be obtained from one of the two partners community foundations.
The Placement Réussite program is for charities that are registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and are involved in preschool, elementary and secondary education.
The following organizations are also eligible:
- any public foundation exclusively tied to a charity that meets the program’s eligibility criteria; and
- any public foundation created to raise funds for a group of charities that meet the program’s eligibility criteria.
- charities associated with a school board or private educational institution in Quebec;
- charities that have received or are waiting to receive financial aid under the Placements Sports or Mécénat Placements Culture programs or any other government program that matches funds raised.
The matching financial aid granted under the program will be equal to 200% of the donations collected from individuals, businesses or private foundations during fundraisers held by the registered charity.
The donations submitted to the Ministère must be between $10,000 and $50,000.
To be eligible, charities must respect the rules and standards listed in the program’s guide. They must namely:
- be recognized by the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseigement supérieur’s Ministre de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du Sport as being involved in preschool, elementary and secondary education;
- be established and carry out its activities in Quebec;
- have directors residing in Quebec; and
- be related to a non-profit organization that has been incorporated for at least two years.
Partner community foundations
The partner community foundations’ mission is to support the charities eligible for the program in applying for charitable registration with the CRA, holding fundraisers and applying for matching financial aid. For example, the foundation can accompany a charity looking to obtain registered charity status from the CRA. It can also advise the charity in its efforts to raise funds.
Applications for matching financial aid under this program must be filled out and submitted with the support of one of the two partner community foundations:
- Foundation of Greater Montréal
- Fondation Québec Philanthrope
- For more information on the Placement Réussite program, visit the website of the Quebec’s Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MÉES) : http://www.education.gouv.qc.ca/organismes-communautaires/organismes-communautaires/programme-placement-reussite/
Accédez aux règles et normes du programme(fr) Apply for a grant